Working closely with the members of the vsGaming teams, the Front-End Developer role at vsGaming will be responsible for development of the client-side portion of Virtual Sports suite of products maintaining high-quality, robust, performance software which meets the needs of our business and clients.
The focus is on migrating and developing new features of Virtual Sports front end components in React/NodeJS and large-scale enhancements to the existing system.
Key Areas of Responsibilities and Tasks
- Working closely with members of the vsGaming team to ensure that they produce the software on time and to budget.
- Working at all stages of the product lifecycle from requirements capture, through design and implementation to system testing and integration.
- Technical specification, design and development of new software components.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing product code (specifically code which manages the presentation of the product to various sources, Web, Mobile, etc.)
- Working with members of the QA and delivery teams to ensure products are tested, installed and maintained to a high standard.
- Maintaining high quality coding standards within the team.
- Keen to work with the design/UX team to develop an understanding of the product features and requirements.
- Keeping current with new technologies and making recommendations to the team
- Adhere to SDLC process and Create/Maintain documentation to high standards.
- Very good understanding of responsive web design and knowledge of relevant CSS libraries.
- Broad range of skills across the full stack (NodeJS/PHP) would be an advantage.
- Experience with REST APIs and Web Sockets is highly desirable.
- A 2i or 1st class honours degree; plus ‘A’ or ‘B’ grade A-levels. The subject should be either Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Math’s
- Significant technical contribution to several software development projects using relevant technologies
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- PixiJS and Canvas development experience advantageous
- SVN, Git, , JIRA,
- Gambling/Gaming experience a benefit
Why You’ll Want to Work for Us
- Playtech is a world leader within Gambling Industry.
- Playtech has 26 offices around the world working with many nationalities and diverse cultures.
- Training and development at all levels is actively encouraged.
- Opportunity to work in a friendly environment with highly skilled people of all ages.
- Career development, bonuses and reward systems actively used.
- Wide range of benefits including:
- Group pension scheme with an employer contribution 5% after 2 years and 7.5% after 4 years.
- Healthcare after probation with the option to add family members
- Gym membership.
- 25 days holidays.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
- ‘Refer a friend’ who is recruited at any UK location we will reward you with a £1,000.
- Free fruit and refreshments in UK offices.
- Social get-togethers and events
Playtech is the gambling industry's leading technology company, delivering business intelligence-driven gambling software, services, content and platform technology across the industry’s most popular product verticals, including casino, live casino, sports betting, virtual sports, bingo and poker. It is the pioneer of omni-channel gambling technology through its integrated platform technology, Playtech ONE. Playtech ONE delivers data-driven marketing expertise, single wallet functionality, CRM and safer gambling solutions across one single platform across product verticals and across retail and online.
Playtech partners with and invests in the leading brands in regulated and newly regulated markets to deliver its data-driven gambling technology across the retail and online value chain. Playtech provides its technology on a B2B basis to the industry’s leading retail and online operators, land-based casino groups and government sponsored entities such as lotteries.
Playtech has in total c.6,400 employees across 26 countries.