The Digitalisation Group within Subsea7 have an opportunity for a Data Governance Analyst with significant knowledge of business systems and operating models to join the team. This position therefore requires interaction and input into the overall data strategy, including briefing of senior management, support functions, development teams and the business stakeholders. Data Governance is a business-wide function which works closely with both Digitalisation, IT groups and the wider business functions to improve data quality and accessibility and enable the business to achieve its strategy and objectives.
Role and Responsibilities
- Understand the objectives, challenges, and opportunities across the Subsea7 business and how Data Governance can support this.
- Employ effective network, relationship building and negotiation skills in creating and maintaining stakeholder relations.
- Work well with in-house teams (IT, Digitalisation and wider business teams) and external SME’s to support the build of products and solutions focusing on but not limited to data quality, data issue tracking, data modelling, data flow/pipelines (with a target of automation), analytics, visualisation and value extraction.
- Work effectively with a wider global network of Data Owners, Data Stewards, and ambassadors across the business.
- Communicate with business stakeholders and offer guidance and solutions.
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients, operating staff and third parties who contribute to the successful operation and timely completion of assigned projects.
- Document business data, activities, process maps and associated data flows.
- Generate conceptual, logical, and physical data models and identify master data, material data, and data issues working closely with the network of data stewards.
- Provide support to the data stewards to raise data issues, progress documenting the AS-IS data picture and work towards the TO-BE data picture and final resolution of data issues.
- Progress work using both waterfall and agile ways of working and use DevOps systems.
- Provide experience and understanding of the key elements of business structures and operating models specifically with regards data and data quality.
- Provide regular progress reporting and review opportunities to improve ways of working.
- Provide assessment of the value returned through data issue resolution directly and indirectly downstream of the issue identified.
- Develop data collection processes to generate information for use in quality control and other analytics value applications.
- Presenting results clearly and to an appropriate level for the audience/user, often non-technical.
- Ability to design and develop dashboards and engaging data visualisations. Experience with data visualisation tools is an advantage.
- Ability to document data pipelines for multiple streams of data. Experience with data flow automation tools is an advantage.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of Data Governance industry products, standards, legislation, and best practice.
- Communicate knowledge and experience in modern Data theory and Data Driven / Centric models.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Self-motivated person with experience of data governance framework structures, policy, and operating models.
- Knowledge of data systems, data quality, problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Able to work independently and as a member of project teams.
- Knowledge of automation and development / building of data pipelines
- Experience of enterprise applications and company data systems
- Understanding of a Project / Engineering company would be an advantage
- Understanding of Master Data Management would be an advantage
- Understanding of TOGAF 9.2 would be an advantage
- Have awareness of Systems Architecture relating to data
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- There may be a requirement to undertake ad-hoc travel to visit other Subsea7’s offices.
What’s in it for you?
- Career Development – As well as being able to offer a wide variety of projects to work on we have a dedicated personal development scheme and are committed to developing our people to allow them to progress their career through the organisation
- A Sustainable Future – As the energy sector continues to evolve, Subsea7 are playing a proactive role in developing emerging energy markets. These markets include: decarbonising offshore oil and gas, floating wind, carbon capture and storage, hydrogen and decarbonising our own operations
- Flexible working – We offer a flexible working environment with hybrid working options available
- Benefits - We pride ourselves in offering you and your loved ones a wide range of world-class core and flexible benefits, which focus on supporting you and your family’s financial, emotional and physical wellbeing
Our vision is to make possible the global delivery of offshore energy for today and tomorrow.
Subsea7's offshore operations span five decades, successfully completing over 1000 projects. Working in all water depths across all energy hubs, our engineering expertise, alliances and specialist technologies enable us to engage early so that our multi-disciplinary teams can design and deliver the solutions that our clients want.
Our values are what guide us every day: safety, integrity, performance, collaboration, sustainability and innovation.
We have a strong track record of safe and reliable delivery. Our reputation as a collaborative service provider in long-lasting client relationships makes us one of the most trusted contractors in our market which includes oil and gas and renewable energy. By joining Subsea7, you become part of a team who ‘Make the Journey Possible’.