We believe it takes great people to create a great product. That’s why our team lives our company values, and we hire based on them, too. Since 2010, Pipedrive has been on a mission to support sales and marketing teams with easy-to-use, powerful tools that make everyday work faster and easier. Today, our cloud-based software is trusted by over 100,000 companies and used in 179 countries. We have grown from a five-person team to a truly international company of over 800 people, representing more than 50 nationalities, with ten offices distributed across Europe and the US. In 2020, Pipedrive received a majority investment from Vista Equity Partners, a global investment firm that invests exclusively in enterprise software, data and technology-enabled businesses, making Pipedrive the fifth unicorn from Estonia.
The Estonian finance team located in Tallinn is primarily focused on handling tax and accounting operations for our local subsidiary company, as well as supporting our financial headquarters in New York when necessary.
We‘re looking for an accounting lead to be responsible for month-end close, general accounting tasks as well as for the timely and accurate recording, analyzing and reporting of financial information in the general accounting area. In addition, you will be supporting our VP of Finance of the Estonia entity and work closely with the rest of the local finance team.
You are an ideal candidate if you have at least seven years of experience with Estonian accounting practices and tax-related operations and at least three years of experience with team management. In addition to practical knowledge, we expect you to be willing to support the finance team in all aspects of accounting, from core accounting to more complex financial tasks. Moreover, you should be self-organized and feel comfortable working in a team as well as independently.
If you can see yourself in this role, get in touch, we’d love to meet you!
Your new adventure:
- Manage the local month-end closing process, review and reconciliation of general ledger accounts, analyze and prepare Estonia monthly and quarterly financial reporting timely for the US parent entity
- Manage the local external audit and assist with the global external audits
- Support and coordinate the daily operations of the local accounting team
- Submit reports to Statistics Estonia and manage the local tax filings
- Manage the cash reconciliation of collections from customers
- Oversee the local accounting team’s payroll, revenue, R&D capex, accounts payable, expense and travel reporting functions
- Collaborate and connect with local functional leaders and the wider finance organization to ensure fiduciary responsibility
- Support the implementation of new systems, internal controls and documentation procedures to enhance accounting processes
- Onboard and train new team members in Estonia Finance team
- Support the finance team with additional tasks and work on ad-hoc accounting projects as assigned
Does this sound like you?
- Fluency in English and Estonian
- The ability to meet deadlines and juggle several balls at the same time while not losing track of the little things
- The ability to switch between tasks throughout your workday
- An accounting-related university degree and minimum 7 years of experience
- The patience and rigor to handle routine and repetitive tasks very well
- The ability to learn quickly and work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Very strong Excel and analytical skills
- Ability to handle a high volume of work with a high level of accuracy
- The flexibility to work in a company that operates across multiple time zones
- Critical thinking skills and the capability to work independently
- A value-driven work environment where people come first
- A lively bunch of colleagues from over 50 different countries, with offices in Tallinn, Tartu, Lisbon, Prague, London, Dublin, New York, Florida, Riga and Berlin
- A world-class working environment full of perks like parties, craft workshops, snacks and, of course, office dogs
- Flexible working hours as long as you’re there for your team members
- Freedom to execute your ideas with a passionate and motivated team supporting you
- Competitive salary and bonus system and all the benefits you’d expect from a great employer (health and accident insurance, health days, a quarterly contribution to sports, in-house coaches, extra vacation days as a tenure benefit, employee discounts and more)
Pipedrive is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.
We’re on the lookout for a detail-oriented and experienced accounting lead to join our finance team in Tallinn.
If this is something for you, send us your resume (in English) or a link to your LinkedIn profile and please add why we should pay extra attention to your application.