Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
We are looking for exceptional candidates for our Maintenance Mechanic position at our Dayton, OH manufacturing facility
Maintenance Mechanics in our Dayton Plant are responsible for the safe operation, mechanical maintenance, and troubleshooting of equipment used to produce distinctive, high quality ingredients and solutions to the food, beverage, and other industries. We use technology to turn raw materials into distinctive, high quality ingredients for our customers. These ingredients add taste, texture, nutrition and increased functionality to products that millions of people around the world use or consume every day. Compensation is based on a Skill Block pay-for-knowledge system with starting pay @ $28.44 per hour increasing to $29.63 following successful completion of a skills evaluation. Additionally, we provide an excellent benefits package including health insurance and a 401K savings plan.
Employees within this classification will be required to perform a variety of tasks including the following:
Perform all duties following Tate & Lyle’s safety procedures.
* Install machinery and equipment using equipment and tools such as hoists, lifting equipment, hand tools, and power tools. Dismantles machines, moves machinery, and equipment using the above mentioned items.
* Precision alignment of machines and equipment using equipment and tools such as hoists, jacks, hand tools, scales, rules, micrometers, precision levels, plumb bobs, dial indicators and laser alignment tools.
* Repair, perform preventative maintenance and inspection on industrial equipment such as pumps, gear boxes, fans, conveyors and packaging equipment.
* Perform building and grounds maintenance exclusive of landscape gardening work and snow removal.
* Fabricate, install, maintain and repair utility, process and sanitary piping and plumbing systems. Uses hand and power tools and equipment to cut, solder, braze, weld, bend and thread materials used to work, and install piping and plumbing systems.
* Perform lubrication activities on industrial equipment such as oil and filter change, oil sampling.
* Work with materials necessary to fabricate, install, erect and repair metal parts and equipment.
* Use electric and gas welding equipment to weld, braze, heat, form, cut and fuse items associated with this craft.
* Operate fork lift, boom lift, and industrial moving equipment needed to perform duties.
* Keep tools, equipment, and work area clean and orderly.
Successful candidates must possess documentation of training, or relevant experience and willing to work rotating shifts, and overtime including weekends & holidays.