Senior Web Designer
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
We are Ocado, the UK’s only dedicated online supermarket. We were built to deliver first-class service centred entirely around our customers’ changing needs.
For the past 17 years, we have been changing the way people shop for groceries. We make shopping liberating: quicker, easier, more convenient, and with more choice. An astonishing 9 out of 10 customers would recommend our service to a friend. That’s why, in one of the most unforgiving retail sectors in the world, we continue to outgrow the market.
We recently announced the creation of a new company, jointly owned by Marks & Spencer Group and Ocado Group, that will be responsible for ocadoand its future.
It’s a momentous time, and we’re looking for commercial, smart thinkers with extraordinary drive, passion, curiosity and guts to join us for the next step of our remarkable journey.
We’re looking for a highly visual, highly technical web designer capable of solving complex problems with minimal guidance.
Reporting into the Digital Design Manager, you will design, code and present commercially powerful digital design solutions across media spaces on Ocado, plus other web design and content projects as required (landing pages, banners etc)
We are looking for:
* An inquisitive web creative with plenty of initiative and lots of common sense.
* Someone who can lead the work of project teams and mentor colleagues with less experience.
* A high level of visual aesthetics, including top-notch typographical, design and layout skills.
* Someone who can help to manage relations with external suppliers.
* Someone who’s able to create pixel-perfect designs across multiple browsers.
* A designer who’s passionate about writing clean code and creating beautiful online user experiences.
* Expert, up-to-date knowledge of accessibility standards.
* Expert, up-to-date knowledge of HTML/CSS, media queries, responsive design and adaptive design layout for web, email and mobile.
* Someone who can apply best practice and work with the business and external suppliers to add value in this area.
* Expert technical proficiency in Adobe digital design software, including Photoshop, Fireworks and Dreamweaver (essential); Illustrator and Flash (preferable).
* Krypton factor-grade problem-solving skills.
This is an exciting, demanding role in an ever-changing, fast-paced creative studio built on agency lines.
If you’re an ambitious web designer with strong coding skills and fancy joining a team that will give you
Whilst this role will be working for Ocado Retail, the intention is to have the role in place prior to the creation of the Joint Venture company. This means that relatively soon after joining the successful applicant’s contract will transfer from Ocado Group to Ocado Retail.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status